Tuesday 14 February 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday #2 Valentine's Edition

Valentine's Day edition of Tell Me Something Tuesday, an awesome meme hosted by Cambria Hebert!

This week's question:
Who are your favourite book couples?

Where do I even begin? So many amazing book couples have spoiled us for life! 

Jane Eyre and Mr. Edward Rochester

Jane, on Mr. Rochester:
I am sure most people would have thought him an ugly man; yet there was so much unconscious pride in his port; so much case in his demeanour; such a look of complete indifference to his own external appearance; so haughty a reliance on the power of other qualities, intrinsic or adventitious, to atone for the lack of mere personal attractiveness, that in looking at him, one inevitably shared the indifference; and even in a blind, imperfect sense, put faith in the confidence. 
And was Mr. Rochester now ugly in my eyes? No, reader: gratitude, and many associations, all pleasurable and genial, made his face the object I best liked to see; his presence in a room was more cheering than the brightest fire.  
On Jane and Mr. Rochester's relationship:
I have now been married ten years. I know what it is to live entirely for and with what I love best on earth. I hold myself supremely blest—blest beyond what language can express; because I am my husband’s life as fully as he is mine. No woman was ever nearer to her mate than I am: ever more absolutely bone of his bone, and flesh of his flesh. I know no weariness of my Edward’s society: he knows none of mine, any more than we each do of the pulsation of the heart that beats in our separate bosoms; consequently, we are ever together. To be together is for us to be at once as free as in solitude, as gay as in company. We talk, I believe, all day long: to talk to each other is but a more animated and an audible thinking. All my confidence is bestowed on him, all his confidence is devoted to me; we are precisely suited in character—perfect concord is the result.
These quotes from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte highlight what I LOVE about both of them. For me, love is what Jane and Mr. Rochester have. It's beyond appearances and it's about connecting in the deeper sense. They are the ideal couple as they found in each other something others might still struggle to put to words.

Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler


Erratic and unladylike Scarlett and the infamous Rhett Butler. They were made for each other, weren't they? Only Rhett can handle Scarlett and Scarlett, Rhett! Did they have to play all the mind games? Gone With The Wind broke my heart. I read it in two days and desperately wanted more of Scarlett and Rhett; both of whom could be very unlikable but still won our hearts.
Scarlett O'Hara: Sir, you are no gentleman.
Rhett Butler: And you, Miss, are no lady! 
Rhett: No, I'm not gong to kiss you, although you need it.
You need kissing and often and by someone who knows how.

Anna and Etienne St. Clair
“His eyes lock on mine. "Anna, I promise that I will never leave you." 
My heart pounds in response. And Étienne knows it because he takes my hand and holds it against his chest to show me how hard his heart is pounding too.”
Anna and Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephenie Perkins. Because they scream cute couple! They scream Valentine's Day! ANNA BANANA AND ETIENNE ST. CLAIR! Anna is level headed and passionate! Etienne is extremely swoon-worthy and caring! Together they make you warm and fuzzy on the inside and make you believe in happy endings.

But for me, it all started with...

Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley!


Like most of us Harry Potter fans, I grew up with Harry Potter. And post-Goblet of Fire when it was all about who Harry was going to end up with as well I was hardcore Harry/Ginny! Isn't it sweet that Ginny is Harry Potter fan girl turned object of Harry's affection? Isn't it great that Harry saved her life before -fast forward three years- he realises that Ginny is more than Ron's little sister to him? 

             Since we're talking Harry Potter, it's the perfect time to pay homage to the couple that wasn't. As one-sided as the feelings were, it made me swoon and wish things had turned out differently. Though Lily/James is perfection, I cannot help thinking of

Severus Snape and Lily Evans

or more Severus Snape and his undying love for Lily Evans



Sigh. Enough said!

♥ ❤♥ ❤♥ ❤♥ ❤♥ ❤♥ ❤♥ ❤

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody! Who are your favourite book couples?

9 comments:

  1. Great choices! Very classic and love is definitely in the air! Puts me in the valentine spirit! Thanks for being part of TMST!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choices! Yeah another GWTW fanatic! I have Rhett and Scarlet on my blog, I think they will always be my favorite couple, I am sure she wins Rhett back in the end. They are meant for each other. Oh how I love Rhett. I confess I tried to read Jane Eyre when I was about thirteen and I never got into it or Wuthering Heights, two classic books out of the countless that I have read that I just couldn't get intio. Perhaps I will try again. Harry and Ginny are adorable.
    Happy Valentine's Day to my new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun choices! I do love Jane and Rochester, how their souls cried out to each other while they were separated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, some Harry picks! I definitely love Harry and Ginny. I'm just now getting to reading Jane Eyre, so hopefully I like that couple as well. :)

    Happy Valentines day!

    My post: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-and-tell-me-something-tuesday_14.html

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day!

    I haven't read Anna and The French Kiss but I know it's a great book! I can't wait to read it! You have such great choices! Lila and Snape is one of them!

    Sorry for the late TMST reply and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me it's a tie between Jane, Rochester and Scarlett, Rhett Butler. Both the stories are so passionate. Although maybe Scarlett and Rhett had a little too much passion for their own good! But nevertheless, old world romances always hold a certain charm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love Anna and Etienne St. Clair! But I think Hermione and Ron should be in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like most of us Harry Potter fans, I grew up with Harry Potter. And post-Goblet of Fire when it was all about who Harry was going to end up with as well I was hardcore Harry/Ginny! Isn't it sweet that Ginny is Harry Potter fan girl turned object of Harry's affection? Isn't it great that Harry saved her life before -fast forward three years- he realises that Ginny is more than Ron's little sister to him? asian clothes glasgow , asian salwar kameez online uk , cheap asian dresses uk , asian readymade suits online uk , mens kurta pajama for wedding uk , pakistani designer readymade suits uk , salwars online usa , white chikankari dress , yellow chikankari kurti , chikankari palazzo suits online , short chikankari kurtis

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me it's a tie between Jane, Rochester and Scarlett, Rhett Butler. Both the stories are so passionate. Although maybe Scarlett and Rhett had a little too much passion for their own good! But nevertheless, old world romances always hold a certain charm

    vist
    click here to
    move page
    click

    ReplyDelete

HI. Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment. :)