Thursday 12 April 2012

On J. K Rowling's latest!

Did you hear, did you hear?

J. K. Rowling's first novel for adults is going to be called The Casual Vacancy! And the wait is not that long at all! It's out on the 27th of Sepetember 2012. Sure, that's months away but sooner than I thought it would take to read a new book by Rowling! I thought it would be ten years or never.

Seeing the release date and blurb made my day! It sounds very intriguing and I'd read anything she writes anyway! Blurb of The Casual Vacancy:

When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils...Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

Expected publication: September 27th 2012
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company

SQUEEAL. It's starting again! The anticipation and the feeling that oh my god, I can't wait! Sure, I expected a quirkier title but it still sounds fabulous! J. K. Rowling has the power to make everything else that's going on in your life seem so insignificant as it's so easy to get lost in the world she creates! Which is why I know that despite The Casual Vacancy being nothing like the Harry Potter series, it is going to be magical in its own way!

How psyched are you about The Casual Vacancy? 

10 comments:

  1. I sooo can't wait for this one! I'm absolutely buying it the day it comes out

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that's so awesome, Ajoop!! I've heard from people that J.K. Rowling could probably coast through life in riches without working a single day again, so you know that if she writes another book, it would be simply because she loves to write -- and that's how you know it's going to be AMAZING :) I have to admit to still being one of the few people who've never read or watched Harry Potter yet haha... but I WILL SOON!!

    (I've been promising this for months LOL -- I totally need to get started on it!)

    Thanks for sharing, Ajoop! <3 Let's all hope that JKR can pull of another magical miracle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard! I heard! :D To be honest, it doesn't really sound like my type of book... at all... but it's written by Queen Rowling, so of course, I MUST READ IT! I really wonder how it'll compare to the HP series. I hope I enjoy her new adult novel as much as her HP series. :) I cannot wait until September! :D The Queen returns to the writing scene. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, like Mimi, I haven't read HP series. Well, I actually just finished the first book a couple of days ago and J.K Rowling is pure brilliant! I definitely have to finish the rest of the books in the series soon!

    SO happy to hear that J.K Rowling is writing another book! Thank you for sharing this awesome post with us, Ajoop! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this either. Irrespective of what genre it is going to be I'm sure I'll read it. Rowling can create magic out of thin air!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD - thank you for this amazing news, Ajoop! I felt like crying when she said that she will publish a new book, finally!! Now after this amazing news, I just feel like I'm DROWNING in happiness!! <3

    Don't worry about the title, I always think that JK Rowling's title never be able to capture the awesomeness inside LOL! The titles are something fantasy or common which you hear a lot - but the book is NOTHING but common! <3 The blurb doesn't excite me really (to tell you the truth, I'm kind of confused what kind of story it is!), but if it's anything made by JK Rowling, I'll DEFINITELY read! Even if she wrote a cooking book, I think I'd still read it LOL! xD

    Thank youuu for this SUPER AWESOME news, Ajoop! I can't wait!! September seems very near - like you, I thought the book will be out next year or something like that! Yay for sharing the excitement! You rock, Ajoop! x)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also super excited for this book! I have to read ALL HP books this summer (yep, it's a goal of mine) so I really hope this one is just as awesome. September is close, but still too far :x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thanksmforosting this. sounds exciting. I can't wait to see what Rowling does with an adult read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Celine I know, ME TOO! definitely pre-ordering this one and not talking to anyone on the day it arrives till I'm done reading it =p

    @Mimi I know, JKR is such an inspiration! And OMG read it now!! I promise you won't regret it! Soon, Mimi! It's so great- the world and the characters; everything. Hard to believe they are not real! Hoping The Casual Vacancy is as great as HP too :D

    @Sophia I KNOW. So excited! Anything by her is more than enough for me- though you're right, the blurb is intriguing but not all that omg-so-mind-blowing-sounding. But it's JKR! I'll read it anyway xD

    @Celine YAY. Hope you read the rest ASAP, Celine! They only get better with each book :D

    @Lu I KNOW. Can't wait!

    @Zarine Haha, I knoow! She's brilliant! Anything she writes, I'll read!

    @Hilda HAHAHA I agree! I'd totally even read a cook book by her! I'd even preorder it =p I CANNOT wait for the release- and I'm sure it's gonna be a book with some amazing parts, at the least!!! I'm as excited as you are, Hilda! Can't wait!

    @Sophie Hope you have a great time reading HP back-to-back! It's something I'd love to do as well! I haven't done it in ages! I miss Harry Potter! And regardless of being nothing like HP, I cannot wait for The Casual Vacancy xD

    @Heidi Yeah, me too! Can't wait to see what it's all about! Will be weird to read something by her that's not Harry Potter but I'm so totally waited for The Casual Vacancy xD

    ReplyDelete

HI. Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment. :)